In episode 29 of This Week in Virology
, hosts Vincent Racaniello
, Alan Dove
and Dick Despommier
talk about insect and human dengue virus host proteins, equine vaccine for WNV and EEEV, return of swine flu to humans, spread of polio in Africa, and listener email.
Links for this episode:
- Discovery of insect and human dengue virus host proteins
- Immunize your horse with PreveNile
- Swine flu returns to California, Texas, Mexico
- Polio spreads from Nigeria to 15 African countries
- Dead Chinese woman on Russian train: no SARS or influenza
- Jenny McCarthy body count
- Ten dumbass reasons why people don’t get their flu shots
Science blog of the week: Science-based medicine
Science podcast pick of the week: WNYC’s Radio Lab
Science book of the week: Flu by Gina Kolata
Please send your virology questions and comments to twiv [at] twiv [dot] tv.
To listen, click the play button next to the title of this entry. You can subscribe for free to TWIV via iTunes, through the RSS feed with a podcast aggregator or feed reader, or by email.
Direct Download: TWiV #29 (49 MB .mp3, 70 minutes)
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast