This Week in Virology
Created on Sunday, 02 January 2011 17:50
Written by profvrr
Vincent, Alan, and Rich revisit ten compelling virology stories of 2010.
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, and Rich Condit
Right click to download TWiV #114 (64 MB .mp3, 88 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, or by email, or listen on your mobile device with Stitcher Radio.
Ten virology stories of 2010:
- XMRV, CFS, and prostate cancer (TWiV 113, 99, 98, 94, 89, 76, 70, 65)
- The ongoing saga of polio eradication (TWiV 110, 79)
- Viruses interact with the miRNA/siRNA system (TWiV 108, 72)
- Endogenous viruses - retro and beyond (TWiV 105, 91, 88, 65)
- Dengue virus progress and new outbreak (TWiV 111, 95, 82)
- Colony collapse disorder (TWiV 104)
- David Baltimore (TWiV 100)
- Ode to a plaque (TWiV 68)
- Vaccine contamination with circovirus (TWiV 86, 77, 75)
- Universal influenza vaccines (TWiV 107)
Weekly Science Picks
Rich - Elementary schoolchildren publish a science paper (original article and editorial with video) - thanks Kathy!
Alan - White-nose syndrome blog
Vincent - Headway, headlines and healthy skepticism
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to
or leave voicemail at Skype: twivpodcast. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.