This Week in Virology
Created on Monday, 04 May 2009 13:39
Written by profvrr
In episode 30 of This Week in Virology
, hosts Vincent Racaniello
, Alan Dove
, Dick Despommier
and guest Hamish Young focus on the new H1N1 influenza virus, which originated in swine and is likely to be the next pandemic strain.
Links for this episode:
- Original CDC report of California and Texas outbreak; recent updates here
- Science interview with CDC’s Ruben Donis
- CDC webpage on US status of influenza
- WHO webpage on international status of influenza
- Learn more about the outbreak an influenza virus biology at virology blog
Science blog of the week: GermBlog by Dr. Harley Rotbart
Science podcast pick of the week: Science and the City
Science book of the week: The Swine Flu Affair: Decision-making on a Slippery Disease by by Richard E. Neustadt, Harvey V. Fineberg
Please send your virology questions and comments to twiv [at] twiv [dot] tv.
To listen, click the play button next to the title of this entry. You can subscribe for free to TWIV via iTunes, through the RSS feed with a podcast aggregator or feed reader, or by email.
Sponsor: Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast
Download TWiV #30 (47 MB .mp3, 67 minutes)