Vincent and Dick talk about the anatomy and life cycle of beef and pork tapeworms, and why House was wrong about neurocysticercosis.
Host links: Vincent Racaniello and Dickson Despommier
Links for this episode:
- Taenia saginata life cycle (jpg)
- Taenia saginata adult (jpg)
- Taenia saginata scolex (jpg)
- Taenia saginata gravid proglottid (jpg)
- Taenia solium life cycle (jpg)
- Taenia solium adult (jpg)
- Taenia solium scolex (jpg)
- Facial cancer in Tasmanian devils (thanks PhogDog!)
Dickson Peace through vaccine diplomacy by Peter Hotez
Vincent Parasite Rex by Carl Zimmer
Send your questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to
Click here to receive an email notification when a new episode of TWiP is published.
TWiP #6 (73 MB .mp3, 101 minutes)