This Week in Virology
Created on Sunday, 01 January 2012 20:49
Written by profvrr
Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Rich Condit, and Alan Dove
Vincent, Alan, and Rich review ten compelling virology stories of 2011.
Please help us by taking our listener survey.
Right-click to download TWiV 164 (60 MB .mp3, 99 minutes).
Subscribe to TWiV (free) in iTunes , at the Zune Marketplace, by the RSS feed, by email, or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Ten virology stories of 2011:
- XMRV, CFS, and prostate cancer (TWiV 119, 123, 136, 150)
- Influenza H5N1, ferrets, and the NSABB (TWiV 159)
- The Panic Virus (TWiV 117)
- Polio eradication (TWiV 127, 149)
- Viral oncotherapy (TWiV 124, 131, 142, 156)
- Hepatitis C virus (TWiV 130, 137, 141)
- Zinc finger nuclease and HIV therapy (TWiV 144)
- Bacteria help viruses (TWiV 154)
- Human papillomaviruses (TWiV 126)
- Combating dengue with Wolbachia (TWiV 115, 147)
Links for this episode:
Weekly Science Picks
Rich - Fundamentals of Molecular Virology by Nicholas H. Acheson
Alan - Fetch, with Ruff Ruffman
Vincent - Year end reviews at Rule of 6ix and Contagions
Listener Pick of the Week
Garren - Trillion-frame-per-second video
Judi - iBioMagazine
Ricardo - Brain Picking's 11 best science books of 2011
Send your virology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to
, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twiv.