There are only 7 days left to submit your scientific presentation topic for ASM's General Meeting 2012 in San Francisco, June 16-19, and then vote and comment on your colleagues’ ideas. The people who submit the top 5 entries will receive a travel subsidy of $800 (or $1200 for international submitters) and will present their topics at the General Meeting in San Francisco, on Tuesday, June 19 at 2:30 p.m., PT. The submission deadline closes Feb. 1, 2012 at noon, GMT. The top 5 voted topics will then be approved by March 1, 2012. Click "Source" above to submit your idea today.
* All scientists are encouraged to submit, especially undergraduates, graduate students, post-docs and technical staff.
Registered site users get 10 votes to allocate among topics, with a maximum of 3 votes per topic. However, votes can be reallocated up to the Feb. 1, 2012 deadline.
* Topics must be submitted with a title. A 3 to 5 sentence description is strongly encouraged. You may also include links to additional or background materials by inserting an http:// before a URL in the description field.
* While multiple topics may be submitted. Only one topic per submitter will be selected. In other words, if a submitter gets 3 topics in the top 5 by Feb. 1, 2012, that person will only be allowed to present on one topic at the meeting.
* The submitter must be the presenter.
* No pseudoscience allowed. If you see an entry that looks suspicious, please flag the idea as inappropriate at the end of the topic's description. ASM reserves the right to remove improper submissions and comments.
* Topics must be presented within a 30 minute time slot, 10 minutes of which will be allotted for questions and answers.
* Speakers for invited sessions at ASM2012 are not eligible to participate in this session.