In episode 31 of This Week in Virology, hosts Vincent Racaniello, Alan Dove, Dick Despommier and guest Marc Pelletier summarize the past week’s influenza H1N1 activity, and discuss parvovirus infection of dogs and humans.
Links for this episode:
- CDC and WHO web pages on the new influenza strain
- MMWR update on influenza
- Excellent influenza vaccine timeline at USA Today
- Sequences of influenza isolates are at NCBI and GISAID (registration required)
- Euthanizing dogs due to canine parvovirus
- Novel bocavirus associated with acute gastroenteritis in Australian children
- Viral genes that confer transmission of avian influenza virus through the air - PNAS
Weekly Science Picks
Marc Celestia, an application
Dick US Geological Survey website
Alan Society for Amateur Scientists website
Vincent Sneeze, an online game
Please send your virology questions and comments to twiv [at] twiv [dot] tv.
To listen, click the play button next to the title of this entry. You can subscribe for free to TWIV via iTunes, through the RSS feed with a podcast aggregator or feed reader, or by email.
TWiV #31 (51 MB .mp3, 73 minutes)
Try GotoMyPC free for 30 days! For this special offer, visit www.gotomypc.com/podcast