The hosts for the podcast This Week in Microbiology, Vincent Racaniello and Michael Schmidt, will be joined by William Bishai, John Brownstein, and Victor Nizet to discuss the regulation of virulence factors in the pathogenesis of tuberculosis, the emerging role of social media in public health, and outside-the-box approaches to antibacterial therapy, such as targeting virulence factors or boosting innate immune function, withStreptococci and Staphylococci as the primary models.
- Vincent Racaniello, Columbia University Medical Center, NY, United States
- Michael Schmidt, Medical University of South Carolina, SC, UNited States
- John Brownstein, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, MA, United States
- William Bishai, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, MD, United States
- Victor Nizet, University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, CA, United States
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Links for this episode:
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to
, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.