Join a live streaming video episode of the newest ASM podcast This Week in Microbiology (TWiM) hosted by Vincent Racaniello and friends. Following in the path of his successful shows 'This Week in Virology' (TWiV) and 'This Week in Parasitism' (TWiP), Racaniello and guests produce an informal yet informative conversation about microbes which is accessible to everyone, no matter what their science background. In this episode, Racaniello and others will be highlighting and commenting on some of the most interesting science presented at the General Meeting. Audience participation is encouraged so please feel free to ask any questions or offer your comments up to discussion.
- Stanley Maloy, Ph.D., Professor Dean, College of Sciences Associate Director, Center for Microbial Sciences, San Diego State University
- Michael Schmidt, Ph.D., Professor and Vice Chairman of Microbiology and Immunology, Director, Office of Special Programs, Medical University of South Carolina
- Nicole Dubilier, Ph.D., Leader of the Symbiosis Group, Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology
- Andreas J. Bäumler, Ph.D., Professor and Vice Chair of Research, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, Davis
- David Aronoff, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology & Immunology, University of Michigan
- Paul Rainey, Ph.D. Professor of Evolutionary Genetics, New Zealand Institute for Advanced Study, Massey University Auckland, Principle Investigator, Allan Wilson Centre for Molecular Ecology & Evolution, and Visiting Professor, Hopkins Microbial Diversity Program, Stanford
Subscribe to TWiM (free) on iTunes, via RSS feed, by email or listen on your mobile device with the Microbeworld app.
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or mp3 file) to
, or call them in to 908-312-0760. You can also post articles that you would like us to discuss at microbeworld.org and tag them with twim.